View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 08:11 AM   #17
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
So the racist blames JayZ...
Was the shooter black?
Is Oregon inner city?

The poor folks in Charlston were actually in church as Jim instructed and even that did not prevent a tragedy. Shocking

This is more a mental illness than it is a gun problem. People like Ted K don't need guns to make an impact.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Dangles, this shooter wasn't black, you got me.

Last weekend for the second weekend in a row, there were 50+ shootings in Chicago (what color do you suppose most of the shooters were?), where very few people own guns. There were likely none in the Dakotas, where huge numbers of people own guns.

So instead of mocking people who live in the Dakotas as bitter folks who cling to guns and religion because they are deranged, maybe our horse's ass president might instead suggest that the peoplke in the Dakotas are on to something, and maybe we should emulate their views towards their neighbors, instead of making fun of them.

These mass-shootings are predominantly carried out by whites., They also are a tiny speck of the gun deaths in our country, the vast majority is garden variety violence, the disproportionate majority of which is perpetrated by blacks. Does that make me a racist because I can see when one number is larger than another number?

It's not about race, so much as it's about culture. But in this country, blacks and hispanics are more likely to embrace the gangster rapper culture than whites are. I'm sorry if that fact spits in the face of your beliefs, but it's still a fact.

As you said, this particular case, is more about mental illness than guns. But if you look at the totality of gun violence in this country, it's pretty clear where the problem lies, and with whom. We need to figure out the "why". And it's not Sarah Palin's fault.