View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 08:35 AM   #75
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I read your idiotic post. Same issue, it's not apples to apples. So the conclusions are invalid.

Here's where your 80% gibberish comes from, within your link...

"In 2003 black males with a bachelor's degree had a median income of $41,916, which was only 82 percent of the $51,138 median income of similarly educated white males. Thus, a very large racial income gap persists for black men"

The author looked at black males with a bachelors, and compared average income to white males with a bachelors. The average incomes for blacks are 20% less, and the author immediately (stupidly) concludes that every cent of that is due to racism.

That over simplistic conclusion, would get you a richly deserved F in any serious statistics class or social sciences class.

Why? Because there are several acceptable, non-racial reasons, why that income gap can exist. Most obvious is the nature of the degrees obtained by each group. I am purely speculating here, but if blacks are more likely to go to less prestigious schools, less likely to pursue majors that are the most lucrative, that would be an explanation that has nothing to do with race. If more blacks go into teaching, and more whites go into engineering, that explains the gap and there's nothing racist about it.

You need to compare groups that are identical in every way, except race. Otherwise, the effect of another variable will skew the results. That's rudimentary social science math. You learn that the first week.

Sorry to destroy your desperate attempt to show we're racist, but all it took was an understanding of chapter 1 of a statistics text.

Liberals tried the same crap to show a gender pay gap, which just about disappears when you normalize for years of experience and the fact that women and men tend to pursue different professions.

You cannot win an honest debate on this topic. You're not holding any cards.
The rhetoric you recite shows who you are.

Do you say this out loud at work?

Or hide what you believe?

For the second time...........

No Jim, I assume that there are other factors.
What would they be, unless you are saying that blacks are dumber than whites.

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin