View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #9
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Ronnie View Post
The guy I got driving on of my plow trucks last year and if it ever snows this year is an EMT
Last year we were talking and he's telling me stories of when he worked in Boston and had to wear a bullet proof vest to work.
How #^&#^&#^&#^&ed up is that ?
You are doing a job saving peoples lives as an AMT and you had to worried about getting shot, stabbed, killed ect..... trying to possibly save peoples lives !
I guess his partner got stabbed on the job.
The drug box in the ambulance was a big reason for them always being in danger.
I worked 5 years as an EMT, 2.5 of them were in Hartford, Manchester, E. Hartford, CT. It was "suggested" that if you were regularly on the Hartford 911 shifts that you buy a vest. I've been blocks away from active shootings, mostly gang related. The concern wasn't so much the dirt bags targeting medical staff, it was the scum mistaking EMTs for cops and shooting at us because the uniforms were very similar.

A friend of a friend whom I was speaking to during a gathering on Christmas Eve was droning on about gun control, yada yada yada, because of Sandy Hook and now this. I told her "Yeah, I agree. Some people died in the fires too. We need the government to start outlawing matches as well."

The situation in New York emphasizes my point that we need better mental health care because "crazy people are crazy and will find a way to kill people if they want to." That's also not to mention that (from what I heard) the guy had already been to prison once for killing someone.
JohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote