Thread: Debate #1
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 11:47 AM   #19
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
The lack of specifics by Romney/Ryan on their tax plan is a massive liability in their platform.

-spence
lame debate? why, because your man was crushed? reading most pundits, it was one of the best debates in 30 yrs. No rhetoric, very substantive. Each got plenty of speaking time.

I guess you missed:

1. Lower rates and discontinue deductions so revenue is flat. Spurs small business, does not hurt middle class.
So, what deductions will you discontinue? Paraphrase - I dont want to ram my plans down the countrys throat I want to work with Dems and repubs to come up with the right deductions.
2. Every program gets a smell test - if we need $$ from China to fund and its not benefitting the economy - it goes
3. we grow the tax revenue by growing the economy - more people working, more tax revenue (thats what created Clintons surplus, no thigher taxes!)

I love when Mitt threw Simpson Bowles at Obama (where is Bryan on this?). Mitt said he should have taken it to congress, worked out kinks and passed, but mr pres, you wasted 2 yrs!
So, what specifics do you need? he was very specific.
Obamas plan - I'll continue to work hard for you....

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all