View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 07:02 AM   #22
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
We planted a lot of stuff from seed this year.

forgot to spray the perimeter for rodents, crap. the groundhog got my squash leaves , cuke leaves and some of the peas as well

I sprayed and found his tunnel under the back fence so hopefully he won't be back and hopefully the squash survives.

I should have known better. if it happens again, Melissa is going to sit out there like Granny Clampett she said, I'll get her and air rifle not a shotgun of course.
I started everything from seed this year as well... the yard pig wiped out the peas in a single afternoon.... he now sleeps with fishes... I grow my Zukes and Cukes up the fence in the back..out of harms way.. I had to replant all my eggplant.. .. every one of them withered and died within a week of transplant.... I even lost a few tomato plants..I've never had that happen before...the current bunch looks good ... lots of blossoms and small fruit... everything is loving the hot weather...... except maybe the spinach....Fruit trees look good.. if I can keep the squirrels from getting all the peaches ... I might actually get a few this year... 2 years ago it had so much fruit the tree bent and broke... after a severe pruning it went dormant last season..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote