View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 09:22 AM   #202
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
She’s far more of a realist than you.

Things have changed a lot since 1973. As a practical matter, it's a lot harder now for the government to block access to abortion.

So if states want to stop abortions – and they do – they're going to have to get a lot more invasive, and a lot more draconian, to do it.

The advocates of enforced gestation have at long last succeeded in stripping away Roe's Constitutional protections – only to find themselves in a world where, even after it's been outlawed, abortion care will still be available with a quick google search and a few mouse clicks.

Over half of all abortions are already done with medication that can be sent through the mail.

So, once abortions are made illegal, but most who seek abortion care are able to receive it anyway, are states like Texas and Georgia going to simply say, "oh well, we tried"?

To combat this, states are going to have to greatly expand the reach of their abortion prohibitions and the severity of the resulting punishments.

And they will likely try new ways to detect and investigate miscarriages – because every miscarriage is now a potential illegal act.

And that’s why MAGA states are no longer safe for women. Even women who would personally never have an abortion and oppose it. 1/4 of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Women of child bearing age are at risk of being treated like criminals or accused of a criminal act.

Don’t claim it won’t, because it already has happened.

This radical court will strip the right to privacy from every American eventually.

As far as your claim that the left is coming apart, Americans are coming together to deal with this radical MAGA court.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Jim’s forgotten that I answered him days ago, meanwhile he’s melting down because he found an editorial and watched a video.

Now the extreme MAGA court has made it so the Blackstone River can run colors again and probably hastened the end of the world by removing clean air restrictions.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin