View Single Post
Old 06-30-2022, 10:22 AM   #205
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
i was talking with wdmso.

what could i possibly have to melt down over? i’ve never been sitting as pretty, politically speaking, as i am right now. The GOP is poised to steamroll in november.

i converted almost all my holdings to cash at a very fortunate time, and the markets are dropping, and this is obviously just the beginning, as consumer spending hasnt meaningfully decreased yet, but it will. When the SP500 gets down to 3500, I’ll start getting back in, and i’ll do great eventually.

i’m poised to benefit nicely ( politically and economically) from current events, i have very little to melt down over.

another scotus decision today that’s a victory for democracy. If the feds want to impose intrusive mandates, those now have to come from congress ( where obviously they should come from), not from unelected beaurocrats. The EPA doesn’t have the right to make huge policy decisions that change our lives. Congress does that

I can see the headlines, “Supreme Court hates the environment! Read all about it!!”.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Kagan, dissenting: “The Court appoints itself—instead of Congress or the expert agency—the decision- maker on climate policy. I cannot think of many things more frightening.”
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin