View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 05:40 AM   #8
scottw

so you can't use your leaf blower(unless you are a protester using it as a weapon against police trying to protect property) but if you want to ride your unregistered, un-inspected, uninsured off-road vehicle in irresponsible ways through the city streets residents are supposed to put up with you...

It shall be unlawful for any person to operate any machinery, equipment, pump, fan, air conditioning apparatus, leaf-blowing equipment, or similar mechanical device in any residential zone of the city so as to exceed fifty-five (55) dBA between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m. or so as to exceed sixty-five .......

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WJAR) — For a third night, community members took to the streets Thursday in support of Jhamal Gonsalves, a 24-year-old man who was critically injured in a scooter crash involving Providence police.

Dirt bikes, scooters, and ATVs took over Elmwood Avenue. For hours, demonstrators revved their engines, and performed wheelies, burnouts and other tricks in traffic.

Police shut things down around midnight by blocking the intersection of Elmwood and Park avenues using city plows and threatening to arrest anyone who didn't immediately clear the area.

Early Friday, protesters had several streets blocked on Atwells Avenue, frustrating some of the drivers there.

Danielle Kennedy
@NBC10_Danielle
Protesters are closing streets and drivers are agitated. One getting out of her car

PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WJAR) — People are speaking out about the packs of mopeds, scooters, and ATVs hitting the streets across the region. The crash of that moped and a Providence police cruiser Sunday afternoon sheds new light on the issue of the two and sometimes four-wheelers.

Many of the vehicles not street legal.

A witness to the pack of riders going down Elmwood Avenue in Providence Sunday afternoon told NBC 10 News "all the bikers and stuff were actually on both sides of the street. I mean, where's that legal? It ain't legal here."

Just before the crash, the scene showed hundreds of dirt bikes, ATVs, and mopeds going down both lanes of the avenue, some in the wrong direction.