View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #25
wader-dad

I agree with everything Justplugit said. I happen to make $800,000 a year and Under the Obama tax the hell out of me (the rich) plan- when the tax rate of over $357,000 in income goes back up to the Clinton rates, I am going to have to pay $20, 378 more in taxes on my $800,000. I am going to be destroyed. I am upset to know that alot of my fellow surfcasters on this site also make hundreds of thousand dollars a year and are going to be destroyed by higher taxes.

I believe poor people should get off their asses and work. I can't believe that according to the census bureau in 2007 37,500,000 people in the US live in poverty. I think that we should just wait until they wake up and start working harder. Yeah- that theory has not worked for the last 40 years, but lets not try anything new. Lets air drop pamplets in bad neigborhoods that tell the lazy good for nothings to gets some skills and pull themselves up by their bootstraps. I don't think the poverty and hunger in the US is a national embarassment.

I am certainly not interested in any of my tax dollars going to pay hard working dedicated employees of social service non-profit agencies like Also-Cornerstone in New Haven that provides housing for persons suffering from mental illness and addictions of which I served on the Board of Directors for 20 years before I got rich and became a Republican. Those social service agencies don't do any good I understand. They don't help build character and courage by helping people help themselves. I don't want to strenghten the poor by making myself weak. That just a bunch of liberal junk.

I certainly want the US to remain the only industrialized country without formal national health care. I like the current national health care system which is called emergency rooms that I pay for in state and federal tax dollars.

I don't think Lincoln would try some things to help people help themslves.