Thread: Is this true??
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2015, 06:36 AM   #75
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
I can't imagine being so partisan that when I found out the frontrunner for my party is a confirmed liar, I could somehow try to turn it into a negative for another party.

I know I read Hillary was shot at by a sniper 1,000s of times but how many times did she actually say that?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"the frontrunner for my party is a confirmed liar"

It's not nearly as clear as POLITICO made it seem. And POLITICO is no longer claiming that Carson's camp admitted a fabrication.

What we know, I think, is that his book claims that Gen Westmorland offered him a scholarship to West Point at a dinner they had together. Carson is claiming that Westmorland encouraged him to apply, and that he would certainly get in.

If that's what happened, is Carson lying about being offered a scholarship? Probably.

He's not my candidate, he lost me a short while ago when he aid he would not have invaded Afghanistan. He says some strange things. And he may have some problems with the truth. We've had enough of that.

Why did I bring up Hilary? Because Spence claims that her lie (and there is zero doubt about that) isn't morally equivalent to Carson's lie. I am asking him to elaborate, but he won't. I just want to see his reasoning, maybe I am judging her too harshly, and I want to be fair.

"how many times did she actually say that"

Once that I know of. She couldn't repeat the claim, because immediately after she made the claim, the video surfaced showing that instead of being shot at by a sniper, she was hugged by smiling children.

Her excuse? She was tired.

Think of the contempt she has for the sheep she wants to lead, if she believes we would all buy that as an excuse. Let's assume she is telling the truth about why she lied. If she becomes delusional when she is tired, what's going to happen when she gets woken up at 3 AM and has to deal with an emergency?

I will not vote for Carson in a primary. If he wins the primary, I would gladly vote for him over anyone on the other side. If my choice is between two liars, I'll plug my nose and vote for the liar who (1) is staunchly pro life, and who (2) has a sufficient grasp of 5th grade arithmetic to know that we cannot ever raise taxes high enough to cover our upcoming entitlement obligations, and (3) is honest enough to say out loud that white people aren't the cause of most problems that plague the black community today, and (4) is sane enough to say out loud "boys use the boys' bathroom, and girls use the girls' bathroom". I still can't get my head around the fact that liberals are making an issue out of #4, they have gone that far off the deep end.