View Single Post
Old 05-28-2022, 10:06 AM   #102
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Because laws die at Mitches feet and two democrats will not work to eliminate the filibuster.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
which now did dems try to pass that mitch killed, which would have prevented this?

after this shooting, senate republicans proposed some
kind of school
safety bill that senate democrats killed. Funny that you didn’t complain about that.

And i agree with you that the gop is too stubborn on gums. Maybe we should have stricter purchase reuirements for the ar-15, tougher background checks or red flag laws? again, there are so many out there that such a law might not do much, but maybe it helps. little. maybe raise the age to 21.

But i don’t see the left doing anything except making political speeches, either

We have to be able to talk about what has been tried already, and whether or not it worked. We need to be able to talk honestly about what works and what doesn’t. Neither side can do that. We elect too many jerks on both sides.

But we need to be able to say out loud, that due to the fact that there are more guns out there right now than people living in the country, prospective gun laws aren’t the only aspect of this. There’s a lot more to it.

You almost never hear democrats discuss anything other than gun control, because that’s the aspect of this that polling shows is a political winner for them. Same with the right and opposing gun control.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device