View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #22
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
starters no I didn't thats my response to you : Thats not the topic not sure why we cant just accept that trump supporters here and else where have a double standard what they made hay over for the last POTUS now they have no interest in hay making over the same behavior ..

Secondly: really ? no one on the right complained about Obama use of executive orders ever

.... its that pesty hypocrisy showing up again
if Trump uses an executive order to undo an Obama executive order...I have no problem with that...you can call it hypocrisy, I call it abiding by the standard(s) that Obama and democrats have set in governing.........they might be low standards but it's the ONLY way these things get undone...if Obama is going to expand executive powers to DO things, those same expanded powers need to be used to UNDO things...this is not complicated...the left seems to think that once they accomplish an objective, no matter how unseemly the method to accomplish, the result should be set in stone and stand for all time and suddenly their methods for accomplishing those objectives are out of bounds(talk about hypocrisy?).....if the Republican Congress were to lie, connive and distort the process to undo Obamacare...I'm good with that because that's exactly how it was passed....it's not not a "double standard" as far as I'm concerned...it's "same standard"....I don't want to hold Trump and the Republicans to higher standards than the democrats...I'm content to hold them to the same standards that the left holds the democrats to for the time being...holding repubs and Trump to higher standards only forces them to play by a different set of rules than their competitors resulting in failure.....clearly, being nice to the democrats and MSM is not a formula for success if you are a republican...which is why we now have this Trump guy somehow finding his way to the Whitehouse