Thread: Homes for sale?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Scott, I think you've painted this with a broad brush.... Finding a RE agent is not unlike getting a contractor. Ask friends, co workers, neighbors etc. for referrals. Just have to weed through to find some who you feel comfortable working with. A lot of brokers to choose from in my town, some not so good, some good, a few I would recommend highly . There is a lot more info available on the web, but there is nothing like having an agent who knows what you are looking for, and find it before it hits the market.... I see a lot of the frustration with home transactions being the financing side. (Trust me, 'cause I can't get refinanced, and have always been current ...) You have to know what $$$ you are going to come out of your place with first of all. Nothing wrong with having a couple of brokers knowing your needs, in different communities. What about the broker you had to buy your current house?

You wouldn't be hurting yourself to get some hints from some of the agents who are on this site as well.... Clammer, Redsoxticket, Flyrod, and Duke have been around here a long time, and doing RE even longer.....
nightfighter is offline   Reply With Quote