View Single Post
Old 03-14-2016, 12:34 PM   #67
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
I don't think Trump has actually "called" for violence. He's jokingly made reference to it as a response to violence or disruption directed at him. Similar to Obama's "call" for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight.

I would prefer not to be forced to vote for him, but if it's between him and Hillary, I won't just sit it out. I'll vote for him. I am politically opposed to what Hillary stands for. I don't really know what Trump stands for.

Hillary will have the full support of her party and its members in Congress and the Judges who already are in the progressive tank and those who will be when Congress approves her nominees.

Trump will have opposition in his own party and in the SCOTUS if he tries to be a dictatorial government control freak.
"He's jokingly made reference to it as a response to violence or disruption directed at him"

Correct. It's classic Trump, and precisely why many, me included, don't like him. Though, like you, I'll plug my nose and vote for him if he gets the nomination.

"Similar to Obama's "call" for his supporters to bring a gun to a knife fight."

But when Obama does it, it's brilliant and eloquent. It's only crass when a conservative does it.

"Trump will have opposition in his own party and in the SCOTUS if he tries to be a dictatorial government control freak"

Thank God for checks and balances!

My fear is that if Trump is the nominee, he not only hands Hilary the White House, but he hands Congress back to the Dems (there are twice as many Republican Senate seats up for re-election, as Democrat, it's ripe for a Democrat takeover, House will be more likely stay with GOP).