View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 01:45 PM   #25
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth. Read the deposition.

From Sondland's addendum to his testimony

In my October 17, 2019 prepared testimony and in my deposition, I made clear that I had understood sometime after our May 23, 2019, White House debriefing that scheduling a White House visit for President Zelensky was conditioned upon President Zelensky’s agreement to make a public anti-corruption statement.
"All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth"

(1) If the investigation showed Biden was innocent, Trump looks like an idiot. He had a reason to ask for the investigation, a reason to believe it would pay off for him. I'm not saying he asked out of pure civic duty. But just because uncovering liberal corruption helps him, doesn't mean he can never investigate democrats. He is the executive branch, that's his job.

(20 the senate democrats asked Ukraine to investigate Manafort and Trump. How was that not "looking for political ammunition"?