View Single Post
Old 11-06-2019, 02:14 PM   #26
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"All Trump was looking for was political ammunition, not an investigation and the truth"

(1) If the investigation showed Biden was innocent, Trump looks like an idiot. He had a reason to ask for the investigation, a reason to believe it would pay off for him. I'm not saying he asked out of pure civic duty. But just because uncovering liberal corruption helps him, doesn't mean he can never investigate democrats. He is the executive branch, that's his job.

What investigation? "conditioned upon President Zelensky’s agreement to make a public anti-corruption statement"

(20 the senate democrats asked Ukraine to investigate Manafort and Trump. How was that not "looking for political ammunition"?
The letter says and was bought about by reporting in the NYT that Ukraine had stopped several investigations into corruption, I thought investigating corruption was good.

"We are writing to express great concern about reports that your office has taken steps to impede cooperation with the investigation of United States Special counsel Robert Mueller. As strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine, we believe that our cooperation should extend to such legal matters, regardless of politics. Ours is a relationship built on a foundation of respect for the rule of law and accountable democratic institutions. In four short years, Ukraine has made significant progress in building these institutions despite ongoing military, economic and political pressure from Moscow. We have supported that capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these principles in order to avoid the ire of President Trump. If these reports are true, we strongly encourage you to reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation."

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin