Thread: Woa
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
thoughtless, ignorant rabble?
Yes. For example, anyone who thinks that Republicans have no compassion, could very accurately be described as "thoughtless", because it's something that is demonstrably false to anyone with a shred of intellectual honesty. One can only believe that if they only listen to something like MSNBC.

In my opinion, it's those who support liberal economic policies who care nothing for the poor. Here's why I say that. In the CT big cities (Hartford, Bridgeport, New Haven) there are alomost no elected Republicans anywhere. These places are literally as liberal as it gets. And they are hell-holes. In my opinion, anyone who looks at those places and concludes "yes, I want to continue the policies that directly created this Godforesaken sh*thole", cannot really care about the poor. Conservatives, like me, look at those cities and say "OK, liberalism has clearly failed these people, we need to try something else".

Liberals want more of the same for these people. Conservatives want to take a different approach, to try something that MAYBE will work better. People like you, call that "un-compassionate" on my part. Thats bullsh*t.

Try making that wrong.