View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #1
Rockfish9

scotty pot hauler review

I decided this season that I was no .longer going to pull eel pots and lobster traps by hand, after reading reviews and talking to other fisherman, I decided to buy a Scotty pot puller, it's rated to 100 lbs and 125fpm.of line retrieval ..it mounts on a scotty down rigger mount, (standard mount included) and has a low amp draw, 30 amps max, it's utilizes 12 ga. Wire, it weighs in the neighborhood of 16 lbs and is easily removed and install,I added a swivel
Mount and 6" pedestal to make grabbing the pot bridle easier , I had the swivel mount from my downriggers the pedestal was another $60 I added a 5' length of 12 ga wire and utilized my electric motor outlet, (this comes with male and female marinco plugs)price for the hauler was $393 through Amazon,it utilizes a capstan type pulley to make hauling pots easy,even in heavy winds and tide, a friend has a hauler made by brute, after seeing mine in action he said the next time his brute fails(he's on the 3rd one), he trying the scotty.i find it the perfect solution to recreationally fish for lobster,eels and crabs... I also used it to haul my anchor after flounder fishing..as well.i wish I had bought it years ago
So if your tired of hauling pots by hand and a sore back, check out the various videos and testimonials on this hauler. .

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote