View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 04:07 PM   #85
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
At least Jim admitted to being radical which he described as slander when I accused him of being Taliban. He has his point of view and I don't expect that to change. I am not opposed to abortion for convenience, it is a personal choice that one has to live with forever. There are many babies born to troubled parents that have serious disablities, they are special children that require great expense and care. Thank goodness there are some willing to accept this burden. Life is too short to not be happy, I simply don't believe that a mistake should be reason to deal with the stigma that is attached to being a single Mom.
To someone like Jim I am sure this makes me a savage but I don't expect that to change. And I still consider him to be extreme to the point of Taliban. In my opinion society would benefit from less Jims.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"At least Jim admitted to being radical "

In which "radical" means I don't support the wholsale slaughter of millions of unborn babies for sheer convenience. I feel that if you choose to engage in an activity, then you are responsible to face the music for the ramifications. Is that such a radical notion to you?

"Thank goodness there are some willing to accept this burden"

On that we agree 100%. Special place in heaven for those souls.

"I simply don't believe that a mistake should be reason to deal with the stigma that is attached to being a single Mom"

First, i don't think there is any stigma (anymore) with being a single Mom in our culture. And living with that burden is not necessary, because adoption is always an option. Always.

As to your characterization of me as Taliban...well, as we all know, the Taliban feel justified in slaughtering the innocent for their own personal benefit. Now, on this issue, does that position sound more like you, or more like me? Who has more in common with them?

"In my opinion society would benefit from less Jims"

A wee bit harsh, but you are entitled to that opinion...maybe you meant society would benefit from less "gyms"?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 08-19-2015 at 05:06 PM..