Thread: Your Top IPA's?
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #50
flyvice11787

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMEUPSCOTTY View Post
a little over my head in this forum... I like beer, and I love IPA's, and I try a lot of different ones, but don't have the vocabulary to describe the taste... Lee's market here in Westport has quite a selection, and I'm betting I could find a lot of these brands in their "unchilled" display section, but since I tend to buy beer as I drink it I am usually pulling from the cooler. From that perspective, I will say my current favorite is Long Trail, and I also like Harpoon... I haven't tried any of those beers that come in a wine bottle.... got to find out what I'm missing one of these days. When I think about it, it's really because I never have the right "situation". (a nice setting, friends to share with etc.) My GF and I both work nights (for example, last night, tonight, and so on) so we never host and rarely attend any summer goodness. 95% of the beer I drink is at home, alone, at 8 in the morning...
Before you go buying the IPAs in the 750ml bottles, know that most of them are small batch or specialty IPAs, and are usually more "extreme" than most. Your best bet is to hit a good restaurant/bar with a lot of taps or an extensive bottle menu, and try a few different ones.
flyvice11787 is offline   Reply With Quote