View Single Post
Old 12-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #15
redlite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
I also believe the medical community and especially doctors need to be accountable for the scripts they write at the drop of a hat. Oxys and other opioids are used/prescribed way too much. When my daughter was hospitalized last summer with Lyme, she couldn't get the ibuprofen to stay down. No problem, they said. We'll just give you a morphine drip.... I was up and saying WTF?
I fully agree that they r handed out way too much and easily.
My wife is a nurse practioner and just went to work for several doctors. Several of them were doin that, just handed out perks etc like it was halloween. I have asked her if the any of the doctors are now complainin that they are losin patients because of her tactic. She says not really and she doesnt care cause she not gonna jepordize her licenses. They say no because apparently when these patients sign on they sign an agreeement that they can only have pills prescribed bybthem, filled at only one and the same pharmacy, and at any time can be urine/ and or blood tested to confirm personal use of narcotics. Violation of agreement reults in automatic refusal for further medical treatment from her facilty

She is off today and just checked her patient log from yesterday. Just caught 2 more "ex-clients". Both came back positive for coke and no opiodes in systems even tho they have both been being prescibed 120 perks a mth by one of the doctors for the past few months
She had 2 last week. 1said her husband must have been sneakin coke into her cigerettes. A guy simply said oh well, it is what it is
Sure they will just find new docs to write them scripts
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

Last edited by redlite; 12-29-2015 at 03:49 PM..
redlite is offline   Reply With Quote