View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 10:44 AM   #48
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Oh no I’d never cut into your purview,

You're the one saying I need to pay more attention.
Sounds like cutting into my purview. And that you know more than me.

but I do listen to what the science and experts tell us, the political stuff from both sides is white noise.

He did listen to the experts. He still does. His whole response team was based on the opinion of, and loaded with, experts. I assume that what he told Woodward was garnered from experts.

So oh learned one, do you keep a nation from panic, by down playing the crisis

That's one of the ways.

and by holding off using and promoting the very measures proven to work until forced to?

There is no evidence that he held off the medical or technical measures needed to contain the virus. On the contrary, he went full steam into creating a task force and making it possible for the CDC to work with private researchers and developers of equipment. He didn't prevent anyone from wearing masks or using social distance. Nor was it fully agreed by all the experts that the masks really had an effect. And he always embraced any protocol that showed any promise.

Either he knows better and I’m certain he doesn’t or he has a really low opinion of how America could have soldered thru.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Excuse me, but I personally experienced the lack of various things like rubbing alcohol, various disinfectants needed for cleaning around the house, paper towels of all sorts including toilet paper, cases of bottled water as well as various canned foods because a lot of Americans panicked and emptied the shelves to overstock their own supply, not giving a damn about anybody else.