View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 11:01 AM   #49
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump, March 19, on tape with Bob Woodward: "I wanted to always play it down. I still like playing it down, because I don't want to create a panic."

Woodward is facing some heat because he withheld this supposedly very important information from the public in order to sell more books. If it was that critical, he should have immediately informed us. Very cynical or he didn't believe it was that critical.
His excuse for not doing so is very weak.

Kayleigh McEnany yesterday: "The president never downplayed the virus."

"I want to show a calmness. I'm the leader of the country. I can't be jumping up and down," Trump tells Hannity about why he played down the coronavirus, knowing it was "deadly stuff"

Apparently, Kayleigh was wrong. Or there is more context to what she said--don't know, but Press Secretary statements are down on my list of important things.

"If the US had the same death rate as the EU overall, nearly 84,000 Americans wouldn’t have died (out of the nearly 190,000 who have died so far). If the US had the same death rate as Canada, nearly 109,000 Americans wouldn’t have died."
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah, we have different death rates, better or worse. And Trump is responsible for that? Geez, man, we have a huge medical and technical and research infrastructure, regulatory agencies, independent states, experts up the gazoo, and a nation of divided and uniquely independent people, and a fairly unique political power structure that limits the power of the President far more than the leaders of most other nations--and Trump is the reason for the number of deaths?