View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:28 PM   #9
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
I agree that Trump gets a big, fat F for not passing infastructure when he could have.

But he did plenty that helped huge numbers of Americans.

Trump helped get unemployment to a generational low. I hope the infastructure deal does this and more, but it hasn't created a lot of jobs yet. Obama spent 750B on a stimulus bill that was a flop. SO let's see what happens, I am very optimistic, enough where I bought stock in companies that ought to benefit (Catepillar), if its done well.

Trump cut federal tax rates in every single income tax bracket. So unless you live in a blue state with really high state/local taxes, or unless your situation changed a lot, you got a tax cut.

By the time Trump left, we were already vaccinating 980,000 people a day. Obviously that number increased as we had time to expand teh infastructure. But like Trump or hate him, we got the vaccine infastructure up and running with impressive efficiency. Trump built it, Biden did a good job expanding it.

Trump slashed the corporate tax rate. So if you work for any American company, or if you ever buy anything from an American company, this helped you. Liberals love to deny that what's good for companies is generally good for everyone. But it's true.
So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts.

On the whole, low-income families appear to have received the least savings, while high-income families saved the most. Middle-class families saw mixed results. The biggest winners from Trump’s tax cuts were probably businesses.

How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods, I’d bet the majority were all smiles come tax day. You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American, he was mostly looking out for himself, his family interests and the upper crust he so wanted to be part of and viewed as the best businessman EVER.