View Single Post
Old 11-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #10
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts.

On the whole, low-income families appear to have received the least savings, while high-income families saved the most. Middle-class families saw mixed results. The biggest winners from Trump’s tax cuts were probably businesses.

How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods, I’d bet the majority were all smiles come tax day. You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American, he was mostly looking out for himself, his family interests and the upper crust he so wanted to be part of and viewed as the best businessman EVER.
"So your a big believer in the trickle down economic theory I see. "

I believe that when a corporation is allowed to keep a lot more of its gross profit, that's better for employees and customers, than if the employer wasn't allowed to retain more of its gross profit. You can argue that too much goes to wealthy executives, and I'm sure in many cases you'd be right. But the fact is, after Trump lowered corporate taxes, unemployment dropped to levels not seen in decades, and inflation stayed pretty close to zero, and there were plenty of companies who announced that that were investing and growing specifically as a a result of Trumps policies.

I also believe that if a rich person buys a yacht with his tax cut for example, not every cent of that goes to the CEO of the yacht company. Someone manufactured all the parts of the boat, someone builds the boat, someone paints the bottom, someone delivers the boat, someone insurers the boat, someone shrink-wraps the boat, someone installs the electronics, etc. There is benefit to not-billionaires. So there cannot fail to be some trickle-down. Rich people don't bury all their money in their backyards.

" The upper crust made out, your fooling yourself if you think ALL Americans benefited from Trumps tax cuts. "

I said most. I saved over 200/month. Everyone with kids who are dependents on their tax returns, for sure got helped. They greatly expanded the child tax credits. I'm sorry if the truth doesn't fit your narrative

Bidens plan would expand SALT deductions to 80,000 a year. You tell me, what's the economic status of people who pay $80,000 a year in state and local taxes? Why is Biden giving them help?

The liberal obsession with the wealthy...never fails to become part of the conversation, never makes any sense whatsoever.

"How many of those businesses passed on those savings in the way of higher wages or lower prices on goods,"

More than you think did, less than Trump thinks did. There were plenty of companies who announced new jobs, bonuses, etc...Again, I'm truly sorry if the facts don't serve your agenda.

"You are still under the assumption that Trump cared about every American"

I don't know if he truly cared. But his policies helped everybody. Maybe Bidens will too. The difference between you and I is this...if Biden helps as many Americans as Trump did, I will be the very first to admit it. But none of you lefties can admit the benefits of Trumps policies.

I get a few hundred every month now, thanks to Bidens expansion of the child tax credits. It helps a lot. So does my Trump tax cut.