Thread: Bergdahl !
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It's odd the giddy joy some of you get over this stuff.

After all is said and done, don't you think it's important for the Country to stand behind an active duty service member? I guess not.

As was said before, get him home and let the military court decide.
Spence, one can make a good case (IMHO) that this was just another POW exchange, which we have always engaged in. Let's assume that the swap was a good idea.

What's laughable, what makes Obama look like the idiot he is, is the way this was packaged. The press conference with his parents at the Rose Garden, the administration saying he served with distinction, all that was done to make it look like Obama had personally saved the second coming of Audie Murphy.

2 days later, Megyn Kelly had Bergdal's platoon mates on her show, and the unanimously accused him of desertion, and felt insulted that the administration painted him as a hero. There is no way that the administration didn't know this when they were doing the dog-and-pony show. We know that Obama like sto say that he learns of these things by watching the news, just like we do...but I'm pretty sure he has additional intelligence resources besides his TV.

It's alm,ost impossible for him to do anything right. Even if you concede the swap was a good idea (I might concede that), Obama still comes out of this looking like a clown because of the show they put on.

That's what I find hysterical, and what I take extreme joy in at this point. We kept hearing how nice it wa sgoing to be, to trade a yahoo like Bush for a true intellectual, and Obama comes off as incompetence personified.

Almost everything he touches, turns to vomit.

This is surreal. Future generations will not believe the mistakes this clown made, they will assume we are exaggerating, they won't believe anyone could be that incompetent. He's in so over his head, it's stupifying.