View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 10:22 PM   #157
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
The right dosen't understand how corporate America is in the game to limit choice

After a bewildering search of the shelf where eyecare products were located, reading the directions and use listed on all the different brands and varieties within brands of eye drops, and comparing prices, I wondered if those that I wound up buying were the best at the best price. I've had the same experience with a lot of, maybe most of, the things I buy. I have found that choice and variety of stuff has gotten larger over the years.

funnel business in their direction via merger and hostile take over.

Every now and then you read about a "hostile" takeover, but the market for stuff to buy still seems to grow. I do notice that larger corporations handle government regulations more easily than smaller businesses do. Seems like a cozy relationship big corps. have with big government. They seem to grow together, almost like a very solid polygamy of central government expanding its girth as it's fed by its many fat corporate wives.

Look at ATM cards hailed as great they were all free but like airlines once they saw they could charge for a seat or a bag or a hotel could charge for parking they all charge for the honor of using their product ....

Hey, gotta pay for the growing staff of workers who manage the credit dept. 24/7.

but some dinosaurs see iPhones and internet as luxury items that poor people have no business owning completely ignoring the world around them .. connectivity is a nessicity in today's world ..

Yeah, I really feel bad now that you've pointed out how poor people are not connected with the rest of the world. I didn't realize that they were so isolated. Maybe because I'm a dinosaur who doesn't have an iPhone and feel satisfyingly connected to those who I want to be connected with.

40hr work week once paid the Bill's not anymore the federal min wage hasn't risen in 10 years .

Yeah . . . I can remember, years ago, when some wives, after the kids were raised, started getting part time jobs in order to buy a few more things than their neighbors, and to keep busy after child rearing duties were gone . . . yeah, somehow after that, more and more started to do that, not because they had to, but to be financially better off . . . and how, somehow, the more the expendable income a household had, the more stuff there appeared on the market, and the more the stuff became obsolete at a quicker pace . . . funny how markets expand when consumer buying power does . . . and how what was once a luxury becomes a "necessity" . . . and how even the poor folks are deprived when they don't have the new "necessities." But there seems to still be a lot of dinosaurs where only the dad works and the family somehow is happy even when dreadfully deprived of all the good new things that have to be updated every year or two.

But I can see how it is necessary to keep raising the minimum wage so that the poor folks can keep buying iPhones . . . so they can stay connected to the world. Seems, the way things are going, and how everyone is deprived if they only work 40 hours and such--seems like the minimum wage should be raised every year. Maybe every six months. Can't you imagine how if we constantly raised it, like every month maybe, we could all eventually get to be a one percenter? Hah! Then we wouldn't need the politicians to give us stuff anymore. I don't think they'd like that. Nah . . . I think they'd need us to keep needing them. Maybe that's why they don't want to raise the minimum wage too much.

But I do notice that McDonalds is using more machines. They even have kiosk computers to right away place an order so you don't have to wait in line. And they don't need as many order takers. Wow, it would be fantastic to watch robots receive the messages and do all the preparations and shoot the orders to the paying counter.

No telling what the price of hamburgers might become, or the price of everything else . . . it's that strange thing about how when expendable income raises, so do prices.

Even in this economy why do you think that is.. corporate Americas deep pocket and politics
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Yeah . . . we're really suffering. It's a wonder millions and millions keep wanting to come here. Maybe they haven't heard about our corporations.

Last edited by detbuch; 06-17-2019 at 10:27 PM..