View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 06:34 AM   #20
Hookset

hardcore from the shore: Man, those pics brought back memories of my grandfather in his woodshop. He retired as a mason and began making furniture in his garage, must have 15 pieces in my house! thanks for posting.

Nightfighter, cool idea on the christmas tree and lights, gonna have to try that!

Muskyslayer96, My friend gave me one of those little rotessiri ovens little bigger than a breadbox. I plan to try to convert it to a spinner or just salvage the engine to build one. Thanks for posting, gives me some ideas. Should be a good project this winter and I am getting sick of spinning those plugs by hand for hours.

Last winter was my 1st year building plugs, I learned a ton from all of you and from trial and error (mostly error, HA!). This fall I ran into a big run of needlefish, but had not made anything to match. I picked up a store bought needle and superstrike 1 3/4 oz. I hope to spend time trying to make some imatations that sink or suspend with weighting right and proper hook placement. The needlefish I encountered were about 7" long and fairly skinny, so curious how I will get the through hole lined up well and have enough space to place weights. Should be interesting.
Hookset is offline   Reply With Quote