View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 08:56 AM   #25
Sea Dangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
When you say you know them, do you know them? I don't know a few dozen, but I do personally know people who lost a child, a former colleague who lost a child, and have a good friend who had kids in Sandy Hook School that day and I have NEVER heard them say they wish the teachers were armed. Pretty sure you are making that up and it is a pretty egregious thing to state that if you don't actually know it. I understand the sentiment you are referring to, but many of those parents have dedicated their lives to preventing it happening to other people and I don't know one of them who is promoting armed teachers. I do know some of them are appalled by the idea.
It is easy to sit in a chair while you are supposed to be working and be the judge and jury. Sometime s the context of such statements are lost on certain individuals. I think what Jim is trying to explain is that ANY PARENT who lost a child that day at Sandy Hook would have embraced ANY measure which could have prevented their child's death. Obviously the children were defenseless and there were no heroes in the building that could use martial arts or fancy words to help save a life. Let's not pretend that if any of us finds ourselves in a situation where the outlook appears dire and the bad guys have guns as well as bad intentions then we would hope for any way to defend ourselves and our loved ones. Who is going to be the first fool here that gets a look at the news and hears that a shooter is at their children's school with plenty of ammo and there is NOBODY to defend their son or daughter. Can you honestly say you would just sit there and HOPE for the best? Yes, we have to do better at preventing a situation like this in the first place. But what happens when that doesn't work?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device

PRO CHOICE REPUBLICAN