View Single Post
Old 12-30-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
Sea of Atlas

I have hiked the peak at least twice and all the four thousand footers in the park, and quite a bit of the other trails. I have been over Knife's Edge and it looks a lot more scary then it is as far as heights. I don't like heights, I should say ledges, and although its steep you would be fine. The main problem would be weather and bugs. Snow kept us off the Saddle which is one of the the easier ways up, we went Cathedral which is non-technical boulder climbing most of the way up. After doing knife's edge we went down Dudley. This was late June, the blackflies were the worst I have ever seen them. We were hiking with bug nets on and it was clouds! We were miserable coming down but it really kept us moving. The park is amazing, I love it. Its a great place to learn to flyfish because the brookies are hungry! Have a blast it makes me want to go again this coming year. I have stayed at Russell Pond but I would really like to hike in and stay at Wassataquoik Lake, there are leantos that are on an island and can only be accessed by Canoe, a beautiful place surrounded by brook trout.
Sea of Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote