View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #88
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
the Forbes 400, paints a far different picture. Between the first computation in 1982 and today, the wealth of the 400 increased 29-fold–from $93 billion to $2.7 trillion–while many millions of hardworking citizens remained stuck on an economic treadmill. During this period, the tsunami of wealth didn’t trickle down. It surged upward.
The market system, however, has also left many people hopelessly behind, particularly as it has become ever more specialized. These devastating side effects can be ameliorated: a rich family takes care of all its children, not just those with talents valued by the marketplace.
curves paints a different picture from WHAT? i’m not denying income inequality exists. I am denying that it hurts anyone.

as to where youbsaid inenperaons wealth causes another’s poverty....youvare goung on and on about the wealthy and about income inequality. If you don’t think that one persons wealth causes another’s poverty, why do you bring up the wealthy? what point are you trying to make?
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device