View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 11:31 PM   #218
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Trump sets himself against anyone who doesn’t support him.

How do you know such a thing? How do you know that there are not many instances in which he doesn't? Just because your preferred media hasn't reported it or isn't even aware of it? You seem to be an absolutist for that which you think you know. Yet it is apparent that you're ignorant of a whole lot more things than the limited number of things you think you know.

And, anyway, what's so wrong about being against those who do not support you, especially when you are in a war with those who want to destroy you?

He consistently denigrates anyone who criticizes him in any way and demands praise that in his mind and perhaps yours is due.

Again, what makes you think you know of every instance where someone criticized him? How do you know that there are not times when he was criticized and he not only didn't denigrate, but thanked or agreed with someone who pointed out his error? And what's so bad about denigrating someone who unfairly criticizes you, especially when you are in a war with those who want to destroy you?

His base, of which you seem to be part, has shown no growth despite the good economy.

I don't know if that is true or significant to me if it were. I have no faith in media statistics. They have so often been wrong. And about stuff that is irrelevant to what is politically important to me.

I have seen no demonstrable evidence that he is not any of the things he has been accused of, and far more evidence that he is.

I don't believe that you would accept demonstrable evidence. I have, many times, pointed out how long lists of what you consider evidence were neither demonstrable nor correctly applicable to Trump. You never were able to demonstrably refute me. You seem to just keep throwing out stuff you read or saw which denigrated Trump, some of which you haven't fully understood or which actually refuted your opinion. But which ultimately are no more than opinion. Biased, unsubstantiated opinion.

Claiming that you are the least........does not make you so, but in most people’s minds, reinforces the belief that the converse is true.
60% of Americans are too smart to fall for Trump.
Again, you spout vague, biased opinion. And throw in some media statistic that is irrelevant, not truly substantiated (no-one has polled 60% of Americans), and probably has internal biases and contradictions which, when considered, skew the totality in a direction not intended by a bald sample. One can find statistics which favor Trump as well. If all the agenda driven statistics were quoted, could we tally them and claim that if anti-Trump stats outnumber pro-Trump stats, then the anti would win and therefore prove that Trump is a bad guy, or vice versa? This is nonsense.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, let me say that your opinions may be right. And they may be wrong. But proof requires, for me, a high bar to hurdle. For me, your supposed evidences have not even come close to jumping that high. Your stuff is like the Russian collusion, conspiracy thing was and which went up in smoke when media and political anti-Trumpists had their constantly iterated and expanding inflammatory bubble burst when their narrative was actually scrutinized rather than just merely being accepted. And like plans B, C, et al (racist, white nationalist, and so forth) that followed when that failed. A whole lot of circumstantial factoids, spiced up with biased opinion, presented as a plausible package of destructive Trump guilt.

There is nothing substantial in all that diatribe, biased accusation, and shear puffery or propaganda to outweigh my desire for policies that lead to the actual constitutional government that I prefer. Progressivism, no matter how nice or moral or honest the candidate, is counter to what I stand for. If the only other viable choice is a Republican, a lesser devil, giving some hope for constitutionalism, then that will win my vote.

Last edited by detbuch; 09-08-2019 at 12:17 AM..