View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 09:04 PM   #43
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by basswipe View Post
Are you on Crack?The most successful democratic Islamic government?!Please don't insult me or my ancestors.The Turks "success" as you put it is on the backs and DEATHS of Armenians.Don't speak of what you have no clue about.You are not an Armenian and have never been there and seen how they've lived for the past 100yrs since the Turks committed their genocide.I have seen it.My parents,grand-parents and great grand-parents LIVED it.
I didn't say "the most"...I said one of the most...and Turkey is a pretty serious US ally...regardless of what abuse or tragedy the Armenian people have endured under their abuse...this is still the fact and a serious component to current events.

Stating this doesn't lessen the suffering of the Armenian people one bit. Perhaps even it amplifies it as most Americans don't have a clue as to what an Armenian is! Seriously...

Quote:
You speak of 1.4 billion Muslims.That's 1.4 million people who don't live like you.
It's a lot more than that.

Quote:
I will not respond to this thread again.My suggestion to you Spence is never speak of Armenian Genocide ever again until you speak to an Armenian(who lived it).And if you say you have already then that makes you a...
I'd add that 1/2 of my family is Jewish and I'm actually a member of the Cherokee tribe. While I'd admit you may have closer ties to such suffering, it's not a monopoly.

But to the point. What happened in Turkey during WWI, while important in it's context, doesn't seem to be a major contributor to recent events.

-spence