View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:46 PM   #16
hulkyj61
The one that got away

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
I'm with you Larry. I thought the plastic bottles were made for stadiums so if they were thrown, the risk of injuring someone was reduced. What's wrong with pouring a glass bottle or can into a plastic cup? Or just having draft beer? As for the "vented" cans, I haven't even seen them. I'd drink a wine cooler before I'd drink a Coors Light. Also, all these new micro brews are gettign out of hand. I like Sam Adams, Magic Hat, Sierra Nevada and a lot of the other ones, but now there are too many to choose from. And they are outrageously priced. I had to pick up a bottle of wine for someone the other day and grabbed a 6 pack of "Sweaty Betty" blonde ale on the recommendation of the store owner. It cost 12 freakin bucks! I felt like a fool paying that much for a 6 pack. Next time I'm grabbing the 12 pack of Narragansett Ale for $10 and going home with my dignity intact.

On a side note, I was actually considering getting one of those mini kegerators for my bar. But it seems that the only kegs that can be used are Heineken and Heineken light. Anyone know if this is the case?

Many of those microbrews are not microbrews at all. It's a new way of branding the beer. Large companies are realizing that good beer is where all the money is, so theyre making new brands look like microbrews. For example Killians is a coors product. And this one company Ben E Keith Beverages, specializes in making "microbrews" such as blue moon look like microbrews when in fact they are mass produced.

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...x#pageTopAchor

So next time you think youre drinking a "Microbrew" you may want to check again.

As for the minikegs, yet another gimmick. Buy a real kegorator, or make one out of an old fridge, you'll be thankfull that hineken isnt the only thing you can drink ou of it

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day.
hulkyj61 is offline   Reply With Quote