View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:23 AM   #88
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
The stock market has evolved into something separate from our actual market place. It seems to have become a market of its own. I have no trust in it. And when stocks began to skyrocket in value while the economy was stagnant or propped up by phony growth, even my lack of knowledge was telling me that stocks were becoming way over-priced, depending on nothing but Fed pumping and would eventually "correct" to some sane level. I suspect either that the level will be much lower than it is now, or the economy will have to be inflated to justify present stock values.

But that's just an ignorant guess. As I said above, I may not be intelligent.
What is irritating to me is that Trump inherited a growing and pretty healthy economy, but with every bump in the stock market, he never once missed an opportunity if a mic was in front of him to take credit for the stock market rise. Now that it's lost over a year's worth of gains, now I'm down 8% after yesterday's continued down-slide, he isn't mentioning the stock market at all. He loves taking credit for what he hasn't controlled and he shuts his mouth (tough for him to do remember that) when it isn't going so good.