View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #27
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Karl Rove was smearing Sarah Palin, just after McCain selected her? For what purpose?

And if that's true, was the rest of the media obligated to run with it?

Do you remember Joe The Plumber?

Obama invited him to ask a question...
He asked a question...
Obama answered the question...
America was repulsed by the answer...

So instead of telling us why Obama's answer was the best answer for the country, the left mercilessly attacked the guy who they blamed for making Obama look bad.

That's what I am talking about. Always demonize the other guy, instead of discussing the merits of what each side believes. It wasn't Obama's fault, it was Joe's fault, for accepting Obama's invitation to ask a question. How dare he?

It's a vile tactic, yet sadly effective. The people finally had enough. And you still don't get it.
You keep assuming that what the Conservative news says is America's viewpoint.
Most Americans would have forgotten Hillary, Obama and certainly Bill by now if the person in office did not keep bringing them up to distract from his own failings and inability to have an agenda other than to make sure any thing that his predecessor did was eliminated or soiled, like the bed he slept on in Moscow.

Here's a little time capsule for you, it refers to Sarah Palin, but I would think it still applies.
Expressing the strongest public reservations about the conservative star made by any senior Republican figure, Mr Rove said it was unlikely that voters would regard someone starring in a reality show as presidential material.[/QUOTE]

"You keep assuming that what the Conservative news says is America's viewpoint"

Never said anything like that in this thread, not even close. I said the media has a huge left-leaning bias. And frustration over that bias, helped Trump. You disagree?

"Most Americans would have forgotten Hillary, Obama and certainly Bill by now if the person in office did not keep bringing them up "

You don't get it. People are tired of the double standard. That's the only reason why they are still part of the conversation, evidence of the glaring double standard.

"inability to have an agenda other than to make sure any thing that his predecessor did was eliminated or soiled"

That's Trump's entire agenda? He hasn't done anything in terms of the economy that's helping people? Nothing?

I'm not a huge Sarah Palin fan, there's all kinds of legitimate ways to criticize her. But you absolutely dodged the point I made, which is that the media used her Down Syndrome baby against her. You have no comment on that, apparently. Fine.