View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
sean curry

Thanks Guys,

I am 4 houses from Blackrock beach. The fishing has been slow off the beach. It never seems to pick up until august. Lots of shoaling and the beach gets shallower every year. I have done okay from the kayak, but nothing great. Moore Rocks has been better. Little Harbor has been slow.

Tagger it is me.

I still have those magged reels, but decided to see if I could use my thumb, so I got a hold of several more 145's, 140's and a 150 and 350, all unmagged. Been at it solid with just my thumb for a few seasons now. It was a challange, but very fun. I am decent at it.

I love the 145 and use it the most right now. I use SAE 50 in the bearings. I am pretty sure that I can equal the distance of my Abu 7500 with my 145. It is a lot of fun to use.

The Penn 350 is kind of bizarre! But it can cast. Mine has a plastic spool and Newell LC-1 bearings. Get funny looks from other casters!

I still throw Newells when I need 5:1 retrieve. They have held up very well. I landed a large Red Drum down in Cape Hatteras with my 220. Thought I would get spooled, but got lucky.

I magged and added a Newell reel seat to a Penn 210 for the inlet at Pt Judith. Iy casts okay, but not up to Abu 7000C3 standards.

Glad to be aboard. Got sick of racist nonsense.

sean
sean curry is offline   Reply With Quote