Thread: Prolotherapy?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #1
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Prolotherapy?

My 2011 L4/L5 surgery helped with the sharp pain and eliminated the pain radiating down my legs, but my lower back pain is 24/7. If I'm walking, golfing, fishing, working in the yard I'm ok, but the minute I stand still or sit in one spot I'm uncomfortable within ten minutes. It's actually the primary reason I purchased a kayak I could stand up in, so that when the discomfort gets a bit much, I can stand up and fish for a while. The exception might be my lazy boy with a heating pad under my lower back, but put me in a hard chair and in ten minutes I have to get up. A trip to the acupuncturist, chiropractor or massage therapist buys me a day or maybe two if lucky of reprieve, but its short term.

I read an interesting article on Prolotherapy and it sounds like it might be worth pursuing as an alternate and hopefully a more permanent solution. I'm wondering if anyone has had the injections or knows of someone who has. Like anything you research on the web, there are plenty of good reviews, the same skeptical reviews and the usual lesser amounts of people who had it done and either it didn't work or they came out worse. I'm looking at New England Prolotherapy out of Malden. Of course my insurance isn't going to cover it, but at $750 for 5 visits and injections, it's a small price to pay if it gives me some relief.

If this were an occasional problem after too much golf or fishing, I'd just grin and bear it, but I'd love to have it be just that; an occasional problem.
Got Stripers is offline   Reply With Quote