View Single Post
Old 02-28-2014, 05:37 AM   #2
Muskyslayer96

Eric
I can definitely relate to your frustrations. You should definitely be heat setting your createx, as for heat gun I cannot comment. I use my wife's old hairdryer and just heat it long enough to see the paint dry.
One question, are you hitting the etext coat with heat gun after its added to remove bubbles? I've had my etex coat fisheye and pit by hitting it too long with the heat gun. Now I quickly wave the heat gun on low setting over the bait before it goes on the drying wheel, that's all it
should take to remove bubbles. What type of brushes are you using? I use flux brushes and I super glue the base to prevent bristles from falling out on bait and I then give them a soak on acetone to remove any potential oils they may contain. I also made the mistake of using syringes I bought at farm implement instead of builders site and they contained silicone that caused all my lures to fisheye.
Some of the metallics and pearls have some sort of static charge that always seems to fisheye on the first coat as well.
The good news is that if you can identify the source all the plugs need is another coat of clear and you'll be as good as new.
Good luck and enjoy the journey.......has been one of the best stress relievers (as well as stressors) in my life, this lure building thing
Best
MS

Last edited by Muskyslayer96; 02-28-2014 at 07:27 AM..

Muskyslayer96 is offline   Reply With Quote