View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 08:42 AM   #17
Rockfish9

We.. as plug builders and fisherman IMHO are a bunch of dum -basses... what does nature do best... protect itself!... we go out of our way to mimic and copy what bait fish colors look like ( parrot being an exception).. why do we do this???.. does the white belly of a bait fish not give it some kind of advantage against it's predator??? are mackerel stripes not there for a reason.????I'm sure the creator did not put them there so they would be more visable to those that would want to make a meal of them.. curious aint it.. I'm sure they are not there to make it more visable...maybe we all should be using neon plugs...I dunno.. eels are black on the back and spend most of their time on the bottom.. yet.. when you put them in a white container.. the ones that turn "blond" seem to get more attention.. why????.. are we doing this backwards... should our eel plugs be white.. and our night time plugs white and and our day time plugs black???.. Maybe we are all better served trying to create contrasts to make the plug more visiable rather than look like a real bait fish..... just thought I'd give the thread a poke in the eye...Now I've confused myself...
BTW.. one of my favorite/succsessful patterens( night, I dont[rarely] fish 4 bass during daylight hours) .. Black with gold scale.. white eye shaddow.....glow in the dark eye.

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote