Thread: NFL
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2017, 05:25 AM   #97
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
you and Scott proved my point its all its all perception.. Palain wears it for Marketing the Flag... to promote herself my perception

What is your perception of Kaepernick's stated reason for kneeling instead of standing? Do you perceive a respect for the flag or anthem in his words? Do you perceive a respect for the country in his words? Why is it necessary to "perceive" what he meant when he explicitly stated why he did not stand?

Scott thinks its pride his perception

Do you "perceive" that Palin was saying that she did not respect the flag or country by wearing those shoes? Has she actually said anything, such as Kaepernick did, to show lack of pride or respect for the flag or anthem?

I see it as disrespectful to the Nation and Veterans when people in NC were carrying around Nazi flags.. much more so than taking a knee My perception

What has someone carrying a Nazi flag have to do with Kaepernick kneeling rather than standing? Oh . . . wait . . . I get it. It's a matter of quantity. You think it's much MORE disrespectful than kneeling during the anthem. So, then, you do feel it's disrespectful to kneel, but just not as much as it is to carry a Nazi flag. I see the connection now.

Trump and many saw it as just a protest but taking a knee those SOB'S!! others perception

The "perception is reality" thing is misused. It only works at a superficial level. Saying perception is actually reality is saying that there is no reality, that there is no such thing as that which we define as "a thing that exists in fact, having previously only existed in one's mind" or "the state or quality of having existence or substance."

Kneel or stand, fly a flag or dont. be a Vet or not . wear flag heels or maybe only on the weekend ,,,If for what ever reason you Have bought into the Narrative that some how your more Patriotic then another American. because you do or did any of those things. your not More Patriotic your just arrogant
I don't recall saying any of the things you describe here as being more or less patriotic. For the record, I am not offended, nor care very little, that athletes kneel during the anthem. What I care about is why they say they're doing so. The statistical facts ("reality") don't bear out their complaint. Their "perception" is skewed. I care that they believe they or their perceived kind are being oppressed in the manner and quantity they express. And that they help to instill that perception in others. I care that, rather than making for a more harmonious society, they are making it more difficult to have a society.

I care that there is a concerted, deliberate, attempt to change the legal structure and social values which once made us the envy of the actually oppressed people of other nations. And I care that, rather than preserve our constitutional structure and values of individual freedom and responsibility, we entice others to come here not mainly for freedom, but for the new America which doesn't require actual assimilation into the original American ideal and which promises lots of goodies regardless of efforts to earn them. I care about the balkanization, the conflicting divisiveness this new America engenders.

That we are #^&#^&#^&#^&ering about the kneeling rather than standing, and whether it comports with a code of conduct, and whether its more or less patriotic than wearing so-called flag shoes is why I said this thread is stuck on stupid.

It is not the kneeling, but the reason for it that is stupid. We are stuck on not discussing that but on more useless wahatevers.

BTW, not only did TDF blow your and Paul's code bit out of the water by pointing out that the code also requires standing during the anthem, but in my opinion, even the code thing is a bit much. It is more a wish list, a recommendation, than an enforceable law. Not even the government follows the code. The Post Office has been issuing stamps for several years depicting the flag. There are even several series of flag stamps. These stamps violate sections b, c, e, g, h, and i of the code. That is, if we consider the stamps as actual flags. But then, if we consider shoes to be actual flags, then I guess stamps could be too.

Also, section j of the code is really too much heading toward nonsense. It says that the flag is considered a "living thing." Really? Well, I guess if perception is reality, then one can perceive that.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-01-2017 at 05:50 AM..