View Single Post
Old 01-11-2021, 05:35 PM   #55
Got Stripers
Ledge Runner Baits

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Trump did not incite an insurrection. He didn't, ask for or order anyone to use violence, destroy anything, harm or kill anyone. He did not ask for Congress to be overthrown.

No mob had the power to do that. It sounds silly to even say that. What is your worst scenario. That all of Congress would be killed? Then what would happen to the relatively few and weakly armed who stormed the building? They would somehow be untouched, victorious, and the rulers of Congress?

That is nonsense. To say anybody orchestrated such an obviously doomed attempt, unless they were total idiots (I know that you think Trump is this mastermind idiot capable of controlling thousands of people to do things he didn't specify but somehow really wanted and able to get 74 million to vote for him). I'm not getting how what you posit is "an open and shut case."

On the contrary, Trump specifically noted that it would be a peaceful law abiding demonstration. Sounds like you're trying to incite what you would call an insurrection against the President.

And "His most egregious enablers—ergo Hawley, Cruz—should be censured or expelled"? Is this some call to insurrection against members of Congress? You really do sound like a Castro type revolutionary. A Bolshevik. Maybe slightly milder.
I thought you were smarter, but what the president says and has been saying since the loss matters, especially in light of his rabid base buying into this stolen election conspiracy theory. Yes I’d agree it’s Trumps lame arse attempt at a coup that was domed from the start, but thinking he, his family, his lawyer and GOP minions didn’t incite an attempted coup to somehow change (regardless of low odds) is denying the obvious.