View Single Post
Old 02-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
fishbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipknot View Post
I'm pretty sure my first legal beer was also at the same place as my first illegal beer, the Cask'n'Flagon on Hunntington Ave at Northeastern University. I was 17, didn't turn 18 until Dec. and my college ID got me in back then. My last legal beer before they raised the drinking age to 20 1 month after I was legal and it was not grandfathered, was in Abington at the bowling alley on Rt 18 by the High School. It's been so long I forget, was it named squires loft or something, the bowling alley was timber lanes I think.
man I'm old
You're right about the Squires Loft at Timber Lanes. I'm pretty sure it's still there. Me and my buddies used to go there with fake ID's when we were 19 or 20 and bowl and drink on Sunday nights during the summer.

I used to get served at The Lincoln in Brockton when I was 20 without an ID. That place was pretty scary, but we were too stupid to realize it at the time.

I'm pretty sure my first legal beer was at the Piccadilly Filly in Salem or the Porthole in Lynn. I know I was at both places the night of my 21st b-day, but can't remember in what order. I remember Rufus the bouncer at the Filly being pissed at me because I had been going in there for over a year and drinking before I turned 21.

Conservatism is not about leaving people behind. Conservatism is about empowering people to catch up, to give them tools at their disposal that make it possible for them to access all the hope, all the promise, all the opportunity that America offers. - Marco Rubio
fishbones is offline   Reply With Quote