View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 05:31 PM   #18
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canalman View Post
Maybe I should ask you guys, why does this movie get so many points with the cult crowd? What did you see in it?
some of the things I liked about it was how society as a whole was becoming degenerative. Sex permeated everything, from the decorations around the home, to the Karova Milk bar. and people were becoming de-sensitized by it all.

These were 14 year old kids stealing, raping women, beating innocent people. and they were Society's problem....not the parents. (Hmmm...Sound Familiar to what's happening today). The parents couldn't be bothered. Just put them in the system and let them fall where they may.

I though the violence was necessary for this movie.....because it was a complete cycle of violence and people needed to understand that. This wasn't West Side story, where the gangs danced around the streets and nobody got hurt....this was supposed to disgust you when saw it.

The Kids were Ultraviolent....until the murder, then he is incarcerated and what is the cure....a therapy in itself that embraced violence. Not Physical, but mental.....as well as medicinally brought about. Now when he is put in a situation that would usually escalate to violence.....he feels "Deathlike".......pretty violent in a non-violent way.

So he gets out and is immediatly, violently set upon by all the violence that he perpetrated in the past. His main cohorts in crime....who themselves were just as guilty as him are now The Authorities....Society now puts the criminals in charge of keeping the criminals in order.

and what cures him again in the end....more violence as the writer tries to make your humble narrator "Snuff It" and he tries to kill himself....which he survives and is now Cured.....which means what.....He is now free to commit more violence.

all this while the government tries to cover it up in time for the next elections.....because its not about whats right or wrong....its about the popular vote

I thought Malcom McDowell was brilliant as Alex.....that scene where the minister is feeding him at the end and he has that "I got you by the balls" look on his face is priceless.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."
The Dad Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote