View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 01:36 PM   #65
zimmy

Jim, you definitely aren't on my ignore list. You have not done anything that would make me ignore you. I enjoy reasonable discussions. Your math ignored a significant part of revenue. I pointed that out. I am not sure why you keep bringing it up. Another part you are missing is I started in this discussion saying we need both cuts and the tax rate we had in the 90's. Republic and tea parties would never go for that. They cry and cry about being held back by liberal spending, but they won't budge on tax rates for upper incomes.
By the way, you are fairly misinformed (or make incorrect assumptions?) about the housing market. It wasn't liberals pushing poor people who couldn't afford houses into buying them that caused the bubble. It was a combination of banks and underwriters looking to make money off of people by getting them mortgages even if they were very risky and people looking to make money off of houses. A huge percentage of foreclosures came from people trying to flip homes. Another large percent was people who took jumbo type loans and couldn't afford them. Learn the facts before you spout off about blacks being held down by liberals or liberals pushing poor people into getting houses they couldn't afford. As much as I enjoy the discussion, I am bored with it at this point.

No, no, no. we’re 30… 30, three zero.