View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 01:01 PM   #14
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Catholicism includes certain "binding" beliefs, which Catholics are not allowed to violate (like believeing in God, believeing Jesus is the son of God, being opposed to abortion). Speaking as a lifelong devout Catholic...I'd rather have a small number of genuine Catholics, than a larger number of phonies.
The above is just another way of affirming my point. Catholics selectively follow the teachings of the Bible that best suit them. How many "devout" Catholics do you know that have committed adultery? I know quite a few. I also know a huge number that are divorced

"Remember the sabbath day, and keep it holy. " Less than 50% of "Catholics" go to church regularly.

Catholics are the epitome of the hypocritical slogan "do as I say, not as I do."

While we're discussing religion, you of all people should know that "pride" is the most serious of sins, even though you tend to try to present yourself as more intelligent than others while looking down upon the lowly liberal and calling for their destruction.