View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 01:49 PM   #18
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
I'm missing Saltheart in more ways than one He always kept the homebrew conversation going here....soooooo...whats brewing? Anyone?

Currently have a"tropical" IPA in the fermenter , been on the IPA hiatus so Im excited to have one up and coming. Just brewed a 10 gallon batch of light lager on christmas day in hopes of having the timing right for early spring yard work
Don't know if anyone else is brewing these days.. just uncorked my first batch of oatmeal stout.. darn tasty, silky smooth with a frothy head, slight bitterness in the after taste that IMHO is out of place, but barely noticeable...I believe it's just a "young" beer and not a tannin issue. Time will tell... I've made a few adjustments in my process that will take care of the/any tannin possibility.

bottled an Irish red ale yesterday and have a Imperial Blonde Ale in the fermenter I'll transfer it to aging latter this week when it clears a bit more...brewing an all grain "Fat Tire" clone this coming weekend...Plan on doing a Belgian triple after that, the boats ready so that'll due me until I'm done fishing in the fall..

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote