Thread: Nasty Fall Bug
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 07:18 PM   #28
Zeal
Always a Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn View Post
Right now not feeling the love as I have a huge, sore lump on my arm where they gave me the shot and the whole arm is sore from my neck to below my elbow..WTF?
Sounds like they hit a tendon and caused inflammation that is aggravating one of the Cervical nerve pathways or they did nick the nerve a little and it's not happy. Try putting some heat on it if the soreness isn't feeling hot or burning or hot to the touch.

I posted to ProfessorM a few years back when he got sick on how to kick colds out, going to see if it even lives anymore but I'll keep this short as possible:

Itchy, dry, scratchy throat, clear runny nose, chills more than fever, aversion to cold or sensitivity to drafts = Ginger. If you aren't a fan then go for Scallions and if you are that picky go for Cinnamon. I recommend soups that incorporate Ginger and Scallions but personally I drink Ginger tea which helps (the goal is to open up the pores and drive the cold in the body out). The most common trick is to wear long clothes, go under covers until you just break a sweat then hop in the shower with the water as hot as you can take it, dry off really well and put on long pajamas. Garlic helps but Ginger is the king in this case.

Sore, swollen, red throat, fever more than chills, sweating, yellow-green nasal discharge = Any kind of Mint. Again, I love Tea. The goal is to clear the heat using the cooling nature of Mint. You can also do hits off of it in an essential oils bottle or use steam.

Both cases avoid dairy and sweets to keep mucus production low.

Honey you should only use about a few drops if your throat is hurting that much. Since it is sweet and heavy, it can be a double edged sword.

For cough, good old menthol helps as well as Eucalyptus oil. You can rub it on your chest or do hits from the bottle.

After 2.5 months of patients coughing in my face it got me right on my 13th 12 hour day straight at the clinic. Ended up becoming viral sinusitis, something I haven't had in at least a decade. Overworking will get you. Ironically I haven't seen any cases of the Flu and also a lot of the doctors offices aren't either. These viruses are taking its' place. The Flu shots are rationed here since we are short so it can't take credit for preventing the Flu.

Don't get me started on those shots...

Always remember when it comes to sinuses that if you got a runny nose it is viral, if there is no runny nose it is bacterial.

"Your first word was "Fishing", not "Mom", not "Dad", "FISHING." - Mom

Black, White, Chartreuse/Parrot = the Holy Trinity
Zeal is offline   Reply With Quote