View Single Post
Old 06-17-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
So Obama did the right thing by refusing help from other countries? I'm not saying that Palin isn't completely nuts, but she has a point about the refusing of help. I don't know how the Dutch can help with a dike, but maybe they could stuff a bunch of sticky bud in the pipe and seal it up.

I'd really like to hear Alvin Greene's take on fixing the oil leak problem.
I don't think any government has the means to handle this leak. What additional support is another country going to provide? What other country has ever had to resolve a disaster even remotely like this?

It sucks to accept it, but oil companies are the only ones armed with the technology, skill and know-how to deal with this. Many keep yelling "The government needs to do more. They aren't doing enough," but what exactly are they suppose to do? All our government can do is mobilize forces to try and reduce the environmental fallout and then force BP to pay for clean up.

There are also people hoping BP goes bankrupt. These same people forget that if that happens, who's left to try and fix this mess?? It is in our (American's) best interest for BP to continue being profitable. If they go under, guess who is stuck with the bill...