View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
Skitterpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backbeach Jake View Post
We, Jenn and I, taught our kids how to behave and treated them as if they were people, not pets, from birth. We never had behaviour problems in public.
One road trip when our two were only 7 and 4 we drove the first leg from Clinton MA to Hershey ,PA. The only restaurant open was this rather snooty place. The Hostess, who I would guess was my age now, had a horror struck look in her eyes as we walked in and asked for a table with the two twerps. They sat up, didn't destroy the table, didn't make a mess, weren't loud, actually behaved like miniture adults. That's how the had been reguarded anr treated all their lives at that point.
When we left, the Hostess complimented us on the behaviour of our kids, and I think that it was extraordinary after a 10-12 hour drive.
My point here is: Kids will behave in the manner that they are raised. Treat them like pets and you get monkeys, treat them like people who have dignity and opinions , and try to develope them, and you get some pretty cool people.

Fred Very well said and lived.

Good health and family
Skitterpop is offline   Reply With Quote